Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose - in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm. A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body at his apartment in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan. Mr. Hoffman won the Academy Award for best actor for the 2005 film, "Capote." TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help. Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab for ten days after relapsing in 2012.
Police are investigating and have not yet confirmed.