It's okay to eat food that's been on the floor for only five seconds. Science says so.
British researchers found that food has much less bacteria when picked up right away, compared to food that's left on the floor longer.
Their study measured common bacteria found on toast, pasta, cookies, ham, dried fruit, and a sticky dessert left on floors that were carpeted, tiled, and covered with laminate.
Researchers also found that 87 percent of people surveyed said they would eat food that had fallen on the floor.